Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 16: It's all just a cycle

December 3, 2009

Today was one of those days that I couldn't decide whether was good or bad, at least until 10 pm. The day started off well enough at work, I had a good lunch time yoga class, I had a good takeout lunch and then something happened at work that took it all away, leaving me absolutely grumpy for a few hours. Just when you think everything is nice and rosy, something shitty happens. Always.

But after a few hours of being grumpy, I got bored of it. So I walked across the street in the light rain and treated myself to a good McCafe Himalayan Tea Latte (yes, it's one of my most favourite drinks as well, giving stiff competition to Starbucks Chai Tea Latte). It helped pick up my spirits a bit. Later I proudly announced on Facebook - "I am not a rat. And I shall not race." I thought that was extremely wise of me and I felt a bit more better.

But the real upliftment of spirit came later in the evening. I roamed around Orchard Road with hubby and his cousin who is staying with us for a few days. And I had such a wonderful time! I truly believe that the decorations this year are one of the best, really! December Rocks!

I walked a lot, ate a lot, talked a lot, gazed at the decorations a lot, posed for pictures a lot, took pictures of random strangers a lot, enjoyed the music at IndoChine a lot, enjoyed my glass of Bailey's Irish Cream a lot. In short, I had a gala time.

And I also listened. I love listening to stories and the cousin, who is in a senior position at a leading ad agency, had tons of them to tell. He has worked on some amazing creative campaigns, has travelled the world, and knows some of the biggest studs in Bollywood and all these make for some great stories.

Needless to say, by around 10 pm I was all smiles.

Just when you think everything is shitty, something nice and rosy happens. Always.

984 more to go.

3 comments:

  1. good to read those comments on Abhijit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an extremely gifted writer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) You might want to add your name in the comment so I know who it is! I would not have known had you not mentioned "Abhijit". :)

    ReplyDelete