Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 32: Swimming Pools and Yellow Birds

Another fabulous day!

Firstly I got my aunt to enter a swimming pool for the first time in her life! Sure, she clung on to the ladder for almost 60% of the time, in spite of me assuring and reassuring her that the pool is only 1.2M deep in most areas. But after that she did manage to move around a bit, and later relaxed in a jacuzzi. It was wonderful to follow her excitement again! She made me take a ton of photos and for the rest of the evening, was giggling over her imagined reactions of her hubby and daughters over the photos.

Then we went to Esplanade, the Fullertion walk, Clarke Quay. Once a staunch follower of sarees and salwars, my aunt has been completely converted to a modern-outfit lady. She wore layered tops and posed for pics wearing them in different permutations. Her biggest regret was not carrying more tops in her bag so she could have a better variety of pics!

She thoroughly enjoyed the belly dancing at Shiraz and told me that rides such as the G-Max reverse bungee is one of the stupidest things one can take. She wasn't pleased with her hot chocolate from Starbucks but thankfully, found the food at Ras more than satisfactory.

All in all, I had a ball of a day again taking her around! Oh, today was also great because for the first time ever, I saw two yellow birds out in the open (flying from one tree to another in front of the Starbucks at Fullerton Walk). I probably have seen them at the bird park but never ever out in the open. And they were beautiful!

968 more to go.

2 comments: