Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 34: Aunt and the Festive Spirit

Let me repeat myself. I LOVE DECEMBER! It is just SO awesome! The festive spirit really gets to you.

For starters, I woke up super late, had a filling breakfast my mom prepared and reached office only by 9:30. Then I realized that the office was pretty empty - not that I don't love my colleagues, but it is indeed great when people are not bustling past you and hovering around you constantly. I had a 2 hour lunch with some friends and went for a great yoga session in the evening. Oh and I did get some work done as well, just in case you were wondering.

Post that, back at home, my mom and aunt filled in me with details of their Sentosa trip. The stories ran for more than a couple of hours but the highlights were those about , a) How an old Chinese lady made conversation with my aunt on the train, even though the latter could not understand even a single word, b) Photo taking marathons - of the escalator, tram, random cute babies and some prestige brand's provocative visual of a couple, on top of all the other attractions in Sentosa, c) How my aunt is obsessed with buying earrings and watches, d) How she cant stop talking about how slim the Chinese girls are and last but not the least, e) The story of a Chinese dude who told my aunt that her smile rocks.

In short, I've had so much fun today that I think am actually looking forward to tomorrow, a Tuesday, which usually doesn't happen. The festive spirit and empty office would continue and so will stories of my Aunt. Tomorrow she is going to the Zoo.

966 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment