Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 39: Scripting on a Bus

December 26, 2009

With so many holidays in December, I had grand plans of working on the second draft of my script. However, I had made absolutely zero progress so far. With my mom and aunt around, I am never alone for a time long enough or quiet enough to be able to work on the script.

So today, I sent them both on a shopping trip without me and told them that I will join later for dinner. They welcomed my absence because, according to them, I am a total pain in the ass during shopping trips. I apparently have no patience and hinder their progress and not let them shop in peace. So this arrangment worked well for all of us.

I wanted to have some lone time to think about changes to the script. My study room, with its bright red walls usually is inspiring enough but today that also didn't seem to work. I realized I needed a change in my environment. So I boarded a bus with a book and pen and took a long ride on it. As the bus eased through the roads, I started thinking of all the missing links in the script and jotted them down. Somehow the fact that I was not staring at a computer screen or even at a wall, seemed to help a great deal in my thinking flow.

In short, it was a pretty productive process. By the end of the ride, I had a fair idea on what to bring to the second draft and I think I have found a new inspiring environment for scripting. Gonna try this again next weekend!

961 more to go.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I need to try this environment for blogging myself. I have tried everything, but with all the distractions always hovering around, I find it extremely difficult to concentrate and draft even a small post. The only thing that works just sometimes is disconnecting from the internet, getting a garam chai ki pyali and sitting outside with laptop.

    Anyway so if this env has worked for your script writing, it should sure work for my simple blogging which is way easier than script writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you must try! :) And once you are done, do share the link :) All the best!

    ReplyDelete