Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 408: Good New Year's Day

1 January, 2011

It's the first day of the new year and new decade and all that. So I wanted the day to be a bit special and managed to pack in three things.

a) Thanking Gods - Since I had been raving about how great the year and the decade that went by were, I thought it was only fair that I thank the Gods for their kindness so far. So mom and I went to the temple early in the morning. After the prayers, we had breakfast at Lakshmi Narasimhan (which was obviously a highlight as well... their Andhra dosa is super yum)!

b) Experiencing one new thing - In the evening, in-laws, hubby, mom and I visited the new Marina Bay Sands integrated resorts. It was my first time in that area, and it does look impressive, especially the bridge. The place has been operating for about 7 months or more now but this was my first time there. Even my mom and mom-in-law have been there before, but not me! So this was a new experience and I quite enjoyed myself!

c) Exercising - Now that I ended the last year on a high exercise note by swimming my longest of 20 laps, I wanted to start the new year as well with some form of good exercise. But it was almost looking like nothing's gonna materialize, what with the temple visit, Marina Bay visit etc. Just when all hope was about to be lost, Marina Bay provided the best form of exercise - walking! We walked non-stop for about 4 hours... up and down the mall, up and down the bridge, and finally all the way to the Esplanade where we had dinner. My sandals were about to tear apart and my feet were ready to pop out of them. It was exhausting but highly rewarding!

All the above, together with spending some quality time with the family has ensured good start to the new year. Now for the rest of it.

592 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment