Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 771: Lovely Final 2011 Friday!

The final Friday of 2011 was wrapped up beautifully!

a) I had the last yoga class for the year and very happily, I finally managed to balance myself in the ekapadangusthasana! Usually am able to balance only with one hand off the floor, and this was the first time I managed to bring both my hands in a namaskar and balance on my toes. The feeling was AWESOME!
b) Post yoga I enjoyed some dim sum on my own at the newly discovered Din Tai Fung followed by chai at Starbucks, of course!
c) Post that, I finally managed to get myself to do some shopping for things I absolutely don't need. You see, once in a while I like to be in touch with my female side and buy myself things that are strictly nice-to-have but not really needed. I wanted to do a bit of it in December, given the sales and all but didn't manage to do anything until now. Today, I bought myself a few earrings (last time I bought earrings was around 5 years ago), a top and a few bangles (last time that happened was surely 7 years ago, other than the Indian bangles my parents and in-laws keep getting for me)!
d) It was the hubby's last day at his workplace of 6.5 years, as he starts now to focus full time on his own company. That obviously was a big deal for him and I was, of course, very proud of him! I went to his office to help him pick up all his stuff and after dropping them at home, we went off for a nice dinner followed by in-home wine drinking to celebrate this milestone in his life!

So a lovely Friday... just the best way to close off the last one in 2011!

229 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment